1. Get your library PIN. Your PIN is the same as the password used to access your account or reserve books online using our catalog. Browse to http://catalog.mathewslibrary.org and click on Login in the upper right corner. Enter your library card number and "userpass" as the temporary password. You will then have the opportunity to create your own password. Please call the library at (804)725-5747 for password assistance.
2. Login to Freading using your library card number and PIN.
3. Get ready to download eBooks! Select your device for printable instructions:
- Select Desktop if you have a black and white e-reader (Nook, Kobo, Sony, etc). You must download the title to your computer using Adobe Digital Editions software and transfer it to your e-reader using the USB cable.
- Freading eBooks can only be downloaded to the Kindle Fire. Freading eBooks are not supported on black & white Kindles.
5. For additional assistance in setting up your device, please bring it to the library. Make sure you bring any device cables with you. The library staff are always available to help get you started with Freading or answer any specific questions you may have. No appointment is necessary.