Find it Virginia is a collection of databases that provide free 24/7 access through a simple interface to resources such as newspapers, magazine and journal articles, many full-text, and books such as encyclopedias. Materials are available for all age ranges and interests.
Find it Virginia is supported by federal funds provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and ensures that all residents of Virginia have equal access to essential resources for lifelong learning.
Research now at finditva.com
Tips for Using Find It Virginia
- Easily access Find It Virginia by browsing to www.finditva.com . The site will recognize your location.
- To perform a PowerSearch of all the databases, enter a search term and click search. Your search results will display with tools on the left or right of the page to narrow your results or share your research with others.
Each article can be printed or emailed with full MLA or APA citations.
- Use the Advanced Search to enter multiple search terms or to browse a specific publication such as Newsweek.
- Accessing certain features on Find It Virginia may require you to enter your library card number.
- Specific databases can be accessed under Additional Resources.