MATHEWS MEMORIAL LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
OCTOBER 8, 2013
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by Carolyn Taylor, Chairperson, at 5:15 pm.
ATTENDING: Jo Anna Brown, Doreen Folzenlogen, Charles Ingram, Mary Sampson, Will Story and Carolyn Taylor. Also present were Bette Dillehay, Library Director and Maree Morgan, President of the Friends of the Library.
MINUTES: for September 10, 2013. A correction of Doris for Diane Wohlfort was made. The minutes were approved as amended.
REPORT OF THE DIRECTOR: Attached.
• The library has received new iPads and other technology for the Tech Zoo; staff is required to present two programs each quarter.
• Ms. Dillehay was asked if a student would be appointed to the board to represent the high school. She has called the school but so far no one has been appointed.
• The move to the renovated area will be done in phases. The high school advocacy group will be available for some of this work. There is also a possibility of using inmates for some tasks.
REPORT FROM THE FRIENDS:
• Ms. Morgan reported that the Friends have met the goal of matching the grant from the Board of Supervisors. However, $50,000 is still needed to finish the project.
• There have been delays in finishing the project due to poor supervision. A new supervisor is now on the job with responsibility for all work.
• Completion of the renovation is to be by the end of October, with a dedication ceremony to be held on November 16.
• The Board of Supervisors needs to approve the lease before the dedication.
NEW BUSINESS: the annual Deck the Halls event is scheduled for Sunday, December 1 at 2 pm.
The next regular meeting is scheduled for November 12, 2013 at 5:15 pm.
Jo Anna Brown, acting secretary.